National Responsible Gambling Programme
- Project information
Client:National Responsible Gambling Trust
Project name:National Responsible Gambling Programme
- Project detail
The National Responsible Gambling Programme (NRGP) – a public/private sector initiative - is the only one of its kind in Africa. It was founded in June 2000 and is acknowledged internationally to be among the most comprehensive in the world.
One major component of the NRGP is a public education campaign to seniors, adults and learners. This entails presentations by trained facilitators to schools and various adult groups, as well as displays and talks at private and public events and exhibitions.
Scope of services:
In 2004 Shine Solutions was responsible for the launching of the National Responsible Gambling Programme in Gauteng. Since launch, the company has managed all activities in Gauteng and surrounds. This includes the coordination and running of all school and community presentations, community awareness campaigns, seniors education and displays at public events. Furthermore, Shine Solutions is responsible for all statistical reporting stemming out of the Gauteng campaign.
In 2005, this scope of services extended into the Western Cape, where Shine Solutions is responsible for school campaigns, road shows, community awareness, seniors education, displays and events. This year also saw the introduction of this programme at Pension and Grant Paypoints in both the Western Cape and Gauteng
- Over 100 000 high school children treated to a lively presentation done by multilingual facilitators.
- Over 35 000 young adults exposed to the NRGP campaign.
- Over 35 000 adults exposed to the NRGP campaign.
- Over 120 000 seniors exposed to the NRGP campaign
- A comprehensive and successful media campaign.
- Endorsement of various high-level government officials.
- Various international dignitaries involved in ongoing development of campaign.