Take a Girl Child to Work DayTM - Cell C
- Project information
Project name:Take a Girl Child to Work DayTM
- Project detail
Since the inception of the project in early 2003 until 2008, Shine Solutions has worked integrally with Cell C on the "Take a Girl Child to Work DayTM" project. This initiative aims to empower young girls by exposing them to the workplace in order to make them aware of the myriad of opportunities that are available to them. Shine Solutions also managed the Career Expo in 2008
Scope of services:
Shine Solutions responsibilities are multifaceted. The company was involved from the inception of the project and the initial development of the project concept together with Zeona Motshabi of Cell C as well as the subsequent rollout of the project itself from 2003 until the current year.
- Strategic development,
- Project viability studies,
- Project planning
- Stakeholder Management
- Database management
- Competition administration
- Transport management
- The forging of successful partnerships between Cell C and over 500 organisations from the private and public sector.
- The facilitation of over 400 000 girl learners visiting various work environments across the country.
- The establishment of short and long term relationships between a number of schools and companies.
- The active support of high-level business, political, media and celebrity figures across the country. This included girl learners being hosted by President Thabo Mbeki, Former President Nelson Mandela, Professor Michael Katz, Mr Cyril Ramaposa, Mrs Wendy Lucas-Bull, Mr Moss Mashishi, Mrs Pansy Tlakula, Mr Jeremy Mansfield, Ms Jenny Crwys-Williams and various others.
- The facilitation of a number of bursaries, career and employment opportunities being offered to girl learners.
- The development and distribution of educational workbooks to hundreds of thousands of learners.
- Overwhelming support from various media houses, including Primedia, SABC, Independent Newspaper Group and more.